August 11, 2011

ahhh, Italy...how I love thee...

I discovered a legitimate Italian grocery store just steps away from my office today. My husband is part Italian and loves Italian recipes. I thought this would be a perfect way to treat him to a nice treat.

I found this nice recipe for Involtini of Beef with a red wine sauce for inspiration and hit the store on my break. I was immediately overwhelmed with the choices and knew I would HAVE to return for a closer, longer look later. 
From Big Johns PFI in Seattle
For today, I just purchased the items I needed for tonight's dinner:
1. Pasta imported from Italy
2. Imported fresh Parmesan cheese
3. Imported Prosciutto
4. Italian Pomi diced tomatos


Involtini of Beef with a red wine sauce


It was a hit! Flavorful, yet simple. I served it over Italian pasta and with a side of steamed broccoli. I have a tendency to over complicate things I create or make - so I stuck with the recipe on this one and was so pleased with the result.

I'm confident I can create a similar result with less expensive ingredients as well.

I'm excited to see what other Italian culinary experiences I can discover in the upcoming weeks! 










No comments:

Post a Comment