August 15, 2011

Stuffed Bell Peppers


diabetic friendly stuffed bell peppers with rice
My daughter's new friend was supposed to come join her in preparing dinner for my husband and I so we could officially "meet" him. Unfortunately, he couldn't make it. Fortunately, my daughter stuck to the plan and made the diabetic friendly bell peppers and rice for us anyway and they were piping hot and ready the moment we walked in the door from our 1.5 hour long commute from Seattle.


Ahhhh.....so this is what the rich and privileged feel like....you know, the ones with personal cooks!

The recipe came from the first website that helped me help my husband manage his out of control type 2 diabetes.  You need to create an account to view the meal planning and its not the easiest to navigate BUT it literally saved my butt when it came to helping him control his diabetes. His doctor says the best way to prevent type 2 diabetes is to eat like you already have it - so everyone should go check it out. It gave us the tools we needed to take his A1C from 13% down to 7% in just 90 days.

So, here's to daughters making dinner for tired Moms and step-dads. AND the bell peppers were delicious. You must know that we always add a meat - this recipe is supposed to be vegetarian but we add hot Italian sausage. We were even able to use the fancy imported Parmesan cheese from the Italian grocer!

1 comment:

  1. Mmmmm.... I miss those bell peppers! I miss your cooking! bah.

    This blog could be a big thing if you posted more ;D

    ReplyDelete